|erster Termin||Dienstag, 02.03.2021 18:00–19:30 Uhr|
|letzter Termin||Dienstag, 23.03.2021 18:00–19:30 Uhr|
|Gebühr||32,52 EUR inkl. Mehrkosten: 5,00 EUR|
Modern workspaces in institutions and/or organizations are trending with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, religious affiliations, ethnicity, gender, age and sexual orientation. Therefore, effective communication between employees, colleagues, business partners, businesses and customers is paramount and requires not only open attitudes, self-awareness, cultural knowledge, awareness of other cultures, but also cross-cultural communication skills.
This course is designed to provide a foundation for soft-skills development in inter- and cross-cultural competence at culturally diverse workspaces, locally or abroad and to raise awareness of diversity and cultural differences and how they impact on inter/cross-cultural communication.
Therefore this interactive seminar elicits and addresses fundamental cultural concepts, which are then developed through individual and group role plays, discussions, case studies and presentations.
- Nature of culture
- Culture and intercultural competence: culture and definitions, cultural bonding of perception, self and external perception, stereotyping, ethnocentrism, contrasting cultural values
- Understanding culture: culture orientation models in practice
- Intercultural competences needed in management of organizations
- Management communication styles
- Culture and communication: language and thinking, lost in translation, non-verbal forms of communication, direct and indirect communication, and listening styles.
The seminar will be held in English. Therefore, English communication level from A2/B1 would be adequate.
Working groups within the seminar can/may communicate in German. At the end of the program, a Certificate of Attendance will be issued.
|1.||Di., 02.03.2021||18:00–19:30 Uhr|
|2.||Di., 09.03.2021||18:00–19:30 Uhr|
|3.||Di., 16.03.2021||18:00–19:30 Uhr|
|4.||Di., 23.03.2021||18:00–19:30 Uhr|